Dr. David Berceli ~ PHD, Psychotherapist, Therapeutic Body Worker, Creator of TRE
Dr. Berceli's Bio
David Berceli, Ph.D. is an international expert in the areas of trauma intervention and conflict resolution. He is the creator of Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE). This revolutionary technique is designed to help release the deep tension created in the body during a traumatic experience or through chronic stress. He is also the energetic and creative founder and CEO of Trauma Recovery Services.
Dave has spent two decades living and working in nine countries providing trauma relief workshops and designing recovery programs for international organizations around the world. He has lived and worked extensively in Israel/Palestine, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Yemen, Egypt, and Lebanon. He is fluent in English and Arabic.
David is unique in that he holds a solid academic and experiential grounding in psychotherapy and therapeutic body-work. He integrates that with a keen understanding of the intertwining dynamics of religion and ethnic customs. This combination has allowed him to develop unique and specific processes that enable people from all parts of the world manage and move beyond personal trauma as well as bring healing and reconciliation between diverse groups.
- What is TRE (11:30)
- Shaking like a dog in a thunderstorm (13:24)
- Deleting the natural tremor mechanism in the West (14:35)
- Indigenous cultures shake it off (17:00)
- The physiology of the shaking mechanism (20:00)
- How to do the Trauma Release Exercise (22:00)
- The jelly fish and the flowing pulse (25:00)
- Letting go of the need to control (27:00)
- The body's organic nature (32:00)
- You have been innocently traumatized (36:00)
- We grow up in numb bodies (39:00)
- Strong vs. Resilience (42:00)
- Post workout TRE (46:00)
- Self exploration into softening the body (51:00)
- Top 3 health directives