Evan Brand ~ Functional Medicine Clinician, Not Just Paleo Podcast Host, and Holistic Nutritionist
Evan Brand, BCHN, CFMP, NTP, CPT is a globally recognized leader in the fields of ancestral health, Paleo nutrition, and functional medicine. He is the creator of NotJustPaleo.com, one of the top 25 natural health sites and podcasts on iTunes, and the author of three books including REM Rehab, Stress Solutions, and The Everything Guide to Nootropics. He has appeared on dozens of radio shows, podcasts and media outlets, where he appeared as a guest expert.
Evan has been studying, practicing and teaching natural health and living for more than 7 years. Evan works with patients from a functional medicine perspective. He uses lab testing and a thorough intake process to discover the underlying causes of health symptoms, and a customized combination of nutrition, supplements, botanicals, herbs and lifestyle changes to address them.
His work is deeply rooted in his own lifelong struggle with depression, IBS, skin issues–which he later recovered from through his own research and experimentation. Evan lives in Louisville, KY with his wife and daughter!
- Depression and self discovery (7:00)
- What does root cause medicinal treatment look like? (9:00)
- Break down of Functional Medicine (13:30)
- Responsibility and overcoming fear of healing (17:00)
- Top 3 tests for Functional diagnosis (20:45)
- When you eat your GRASS FED steak, who is digesting it? (24:00)
- Evan's patient basic nutritional blue print (26:00)
- Where most people are going wrong with their diet (34:30)
- How does your food affect you? (37:30)
- Must haves for people with NO gallbladder (40:00)
- How eating FAT reconnects the physical components necessary for a clear mind and body (40:30)
- Cholesterol research being modified to line big pharma pockets (44:30)
- Your cells are being set on fire, put it out! (46:00)
- Grass fed/Organic MYTH? (51:15)
- Evan's 2 most influential book, favorite album and Top 3 Directives for healing (55:30)
Why Stomach Acid Is Good For You. By, Johnathon Wright
Statins and beta blockers, Dr. Mercola