Zach and Jess ~ Local Ayahuasca Curanderos Providing Medicine For The People
Zach and Iglesia Del Despertar
Iglesia Del Despertar is part of an Amazonian mestizo shamanic lineage that is widely known for it’s work with trees, Ayahuasca and other master plants.
The lineage was started by Don Julio Gerena Pinedo who then passed his teachings on to the Galindo family and other shamans in the area of Jenaro Herrera, Peru.
Zach moved to Jenaro Hererra in 2010 and stayed in Peru until mid 2014. Upon his arrival to Jenaro Hererra, Zach began drinking Ayahuasca and doing shamanic plant dietas with the Galindo family. Zach’s main teachers were Maestro Gumercindo Galindo and Maestro Don Roldan Galindo (Gumercindo’s father).
In 2011 the Galindo family and Zach opened an Ayahuasca retreat center, La Familia Medicina. La Familia Medicina conducted Ayahuasca and shamanic plant dieta retreats from 2011 to mid 2014. Mid 2014 Zach returned to the USA and started Camino Do Amor and subsequently Iglesia Del Despertar in
Iglesia Del Despertar is a syncretic church built on the foundations of this Peruvian mestizo shamanic lineage.
Jess Poitra is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Autoimmune Coach whose life has taken her through a journey of self-healing. After discovering she could put herself into remission from rheumatoid arthritis through nutrition alone, Jess discovered Ayahuasca as a powerful medicine for healing the emotional and spiritual aspects of illness. She describes her first experience with Ayahuasca as opening her heart and her consciousness in ways she could never have imagined. Since that first experience, she has been a dedicated apprentice in the practice and facilitation of Ayahuasca ceremonies.
- How Zach came to find ayahuasca. (05:00)
- Becoming a shaman (14:00)
- Bringing the Medicine to Americans (18:00)
- Tree medicine and plant consciousness (20:00)
- Jess's call to ayahausca (26:00)
- A call to the feminine power on Earth (29:00)
- The power of the Dieta, the real medicine (31:00)
- Ingesting bark and roots for the purpose of communication (43:00)
- Ayahausca from a nutrition perspective (52:00)
- Melding back with the culture, a systematic approach of finding purpose (1:00:00)
- The evolution of ayahausca (1:09:00)
- Favorite books and albums (1:12:00)
- Diving into Jess's first ayahausca experience (1:18:00)
- Top directives (1:19:00)
Primal Body Primal Mind by, Nora Gedgaudas
Consciousness Speaks by, Balsekar
The Bhagavad Gita by, Easwaran
For more info on ceremony, contact Zach at....Idceremony@gmail.com